From Informal Science Education Evidence Wiki
No page title matches
There is no page titled "inquiry".
For more information about searching Informal Science Education Evidence Wiki, see Help.
Showing below 14 results starting with #1.
Page text matches
- ISE experiences help adults make informed decisions about new or changing science …26.html Randol (2005)] applied an observational protocol to assess visitor inquiry experiences at science exhibits. [http://blogs.ubc.ca/ewayne/files/2010/0… …(2005). The nature of inquiry in science centers: Describing and assessing inquiry at exhibits. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of California, …17 KB (2362 words) - 19:35, 24 April 2012
- STEM supported youth development …mentors and youth in a cognitive apprenticeship model, youth can engage in inquiry with guidance (Collins, Brown, & Holum, 1991). In this way, processes are …6 KB (856 words) - 14:53, 3 January 2012
- ISE experiences develop girls’ interest in STEM …ving Connections Between Feminist Theory and Science Education. Curriculum Inquiry, 27(2), 141-163.8 KB (1051 words) - 16:19, 17 February 2012
- Exhibits can be designed to increase social interaction during learning experiences '''Group inquiry at exhibits''' …at simple game with family groups prompted an increase in the frequency of inquiry behaviors, compared to families who did not play Juicy Questions. Further…7 KB (934 words) - 19:41, 15 June 2012
- Science and scientists can be made engaging to the public through exhibits …t designs for receiving and framing visitor voices can come in the form of inquiry-based exhibits (role play of visitor as scientist) and in participatory ex… Inquiry-based exhibits have been popular in major science museums since the early …4 KB (575 words) - 19:06, 7 May 2012
- Exhibits engage the public in learning experiences …orium.edu/partner/ape/ape_exhibits.html aspects of the scientific method]. Inquiry based exhibits not only provide such experiences to visitors unable to att…3 KB (410 words) - 23:53, 11 February 2012
- Mentoring in informal settings supports youth identity development …mentors and youth in a cognitive apprenticeship model, youth can engage in inquiry with guidance (Collins, Brown, & Holum, 1991). In this way, processes are … … school students’ understandings of the nature of science and scientific inquiry. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 40(5), 487-509.9 KB (1292 words) - 16:19, 1 June 2012
- ISE plays a role in fostering improved public understanding of current scientific research …ngoing opportunities for adults and families to experience science through inquiry, interact with scientists, or learn about current innovations and discover… … towards scientific authority. They also found that actual experience with inquiry is an effective means of fostering understanding of the nature of science.…10 KB (1484 words) - 20:11, 18 May 2012
- Educational media benefits children’s STEM learning Ketelhut, D.J. (2007). The impact of student self-efficacy on scientific inquiry skills: An exploratory investigation in river city, a multi-user virtual e…13 KB (1730 words) - 10:20, 30 April 2012
- Public Engagement …es: Public Engagement with Science and Informal Science Education. A CAISE Inquiry Group Report” in 2009. The report “seeks to serve as a prompt for disc… …s: Public Engagement with Science and Informal Science Education. A CAISE Inquiry Group Report. Washington, DC: Center for Advancement of Informal Science E…23 KB (3126 words) - 20:51, 15 January 2013
- Using Mobile Devices to Personalize Learning Experiences …st a given visitor, and we know that motivation is a critical component to inquiry-driven learning ([http://www.cambridge.org/gb/knowledge/isbn/item1172372/?… …. Using tags to encourage reflection and annotation on data during nomadic inquiry. In Proceedings of the 2011 annual conference on Human factors in computin…6 KB (878 words) - 01:51, 22 June 2012
- Supporting the Design of the Learning Environment Through Mobile Devices …k the learners themselves to develop a narrative: Zydeco is a mobile-based inquiry learning tool which tasks school groups to explore museums in order to col…14 KB (2088 words) - 18:51, 7 May 2012
- Popular entertainment, like cinema and television, has an impact on science literacy and science education … fictional television shows had a better grasp on the nature of scientific inquiry than students who exclusively watched science documentaries.12 KB (1669 words) - 18:12, 4 May 2012
- How young children learn science …es designed to illustrate some of the science process skills necessary for inquiry.6 KB (827 words) - 14:04, 25 June 2012